Before you decide to get surgery, consider treating your hemorrhoids naturally. Listed below are some natural treatments to help in relieving hemorrhoid pain & inflammation and to help shrink them.
Natural treatments to help in relieving hemorrhoid pain
- To help relieve hemorrhoid pain and inflammation you can try some horst chestnut tea or pills.
- Another way to help clear up hemorrhoids is to add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to 8 ounces of water and drink it 2 – 3 times a day for 1 week.
- Chamomile applied to the affected area as a topical ointment can also help reduce inflammation.
- Boil two garlic cloves in two cups of water until they become soft. Situate yourself above the pot for fifteen minutes. It helps to stop the pain and shrink the hemorrhoids.
- Peel a small clove of garlic, poke it with a knife a few times, and insert it into the rectum. It immediately kills the pain and stops the itching. It also helps to speed up the healing process.
- Use calendula oil to speed up the healing process. Use 1 cup of fresh calendula petals, 2 cups of olive oil, and a half cup of wheat germ oil. Stir them together, cover, and let it sit in a sunny window for 2 weeks. Apply it as a topical ointment.
- Apply witch hazel ointment directly on the hemorrhoid to relieve swelling, itching and discomfort.
- To help ease the pain and shrink the size of the hemorrhoids, take some apple cider vinegar and apply it to the hemorrhoids and inside the rectum.
- Brew a cup of Butcher’s Broom tea to help treat inflammation. You can add honey or stevia to sweaten the tea.
- Butcher’s Broom is also available as a pill.
- Melt some Vicks VapoRub. Add 1 cake of Camphor and stir it until it is completely mixed with the Vicks. Apply 3-4 times per day to hemorrhoids that are inside and out for about a week.
- Boil three banana peels in 2 cups of water. Simmer until half of the water is gone. Add sugar to enhance the flavor. Drink this for 2-3 days until the hemorrhoids are gone.