Let’s face it; hemorrhoids are a real pain in the behind, quite literally! Hemorrhoids can develop in just about anyone, and it’s even a negative side-effect of pregnancy. Not only can it be extremely uncomfortable and painful, it’s quite embarrassing too. However, there are ways to cure hemorrhoids at home.
Hemorrhoids are swollen due to the extra pressure is the anal area. Swollen Hemorrhoids can be caused by trying to pass hard stools, diarrhea, excess, a diet low in fiber and the pressure wall of the pelvis during pregnancy and small or no exercise. The remedy is to eat a high fiber diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, add more water and exercise. When an outbreak is occurring makes a remedy seems unlikely. One of the best treatments for inflammation and discomfort are to have a sitz bath 20 minutes – with Epsom salts if desired – bathroom several times a day as needed. A sitz bath may be followed by drying the affected area carefully and wear cotton underwear.
A major factor in preventing hemorrhoids is your lifestyle habits. By leading a healthy lifestyle you can help prevent hemorrhoids from occurring. There are more things you can try doing as well.
How to prevent hemorrhoids :
- Cotton underwear can actually help increase air flow to the anal area.
- Let your bowels empty as soon as you feel the need to go to the bathroom.
- Increase your fiber intake and drink plenty of water to increase your regularity.
- Try not to sit for extended periods of time.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
There are more options aside from medication
Here’s how to treat hemorrhoids at home:
- To decrease swelling, try sleeping on your stomach and put a pillow under your hips.
- Keep the anal area clean, however, try not to use soap, and use a hair dryer to dry the area after cleaning.
- Apply an ice pack and alternate with warm compresses several times a day.
- Soak in a sitz bath for 15 minutes, several times a day.
- Sitz Bath
The best thing you can do cure hemorrhoids at home is to experiment and see which method works the best for you and will actually get rid of hemorrhoids and the pain, discomfort and embarrassment that go along with it.