Home aromatherapy: How can i apply an aromatherapy at home?
The word aroma means smell or fragrance. So, aromatherapy is essentially a treatment done through fragrances and scents. It is a treatment that is carried out by using botanical oils with sweet and pleasant fragrances such as rose, lemon, lavender, and peppermint scents.
Fragrant oils: These oils are also known as essential oils. The essential oils are used to care for the skin. They can be massaged on the skin or can be added to a bath during aromatherapy baths. They can also be used to spread the fragrance around your living environment. Essential oils are also used for the preparation of many medicines.
Essential oils are obtained from trees, plants, fruits, flowers, and sometimes even from grass, bark and seeds having a pleasant fragrance. There are approximately 150 such oils in existence. These days, the essential oils are also prepared synthetically, but these are not as effective as the original naturally obtained and extracted essential oils.
Aromatherapy is widely used in homes also as everyone wants their living place to smell sweet and fragrant. There are many options that can be used to ensure that your home smells pleasant, such as essential oils, aromatic soaps and candles, aromatic bath oils, aromatic salts, massage oils, body lotions, and Potpourri. Anything that is not pungent or unpleasant to the nose can be used and these are very easily available in the market. Aromatherapy is also used as a home remedy for some diseases.
How can I apply an aromatherapy at home?
When the guests come to your house, the aroma is the very first notable thing of your house that they encounter. Here are some tips which can be applied for aromatherapy at home:
- The essential oils can be used as diffusers and vaporizers to make your house smell good.
Aromatic essential oils and cosmetics are used as their scent creates a soothing and refreshing effect on the mind.
- The aromatic essential oils can be used in steam inhalation to cure the minor sinus disorders like flu and cold.
- Aromatherapy can be easily practiced using essential oils by housewives as home remedies.
- A few drops of essential oils added in water can be used as a fine air freshener, if sprayed in the home.
- Your refrigerator can be free of odd smells by cleaning it with lemon, orange, or lavender oil.
Cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon, lavender, or orange oil can be used to remove the smell of tobacco or cooking from your home.
- If the kitchen is cleaned using a drop of lemon, cypress, lavender, or Palma Rosa juice mixed in water, your kitchen can be free of any type of smells.