Aromatherapy is a technique used for the treatment skin, mind, body, and soul. Aromatherapy products include aromatherapy soaps, aromatic salts, and aromatic essential oils. The most important ingredient of aromatherapy is the essential oil. These essential oils are extracted from herbs, plants, seeds, trees, bark, grass, flowers and many other natural objects. The herbal essential oils used in aromatherapy helps in activating the brain and receptors of the body thus creating a relaxing effect on mind and body.
Is the Aromatic herbal treatment another therapy in medical sciences like allopathy?
Aromatic herbal treatment is an alternate form of therapy. The chemicals and medicines used in the allopathic treatment of diseases do not suit many people and they prefer an herbal alternative; this is where aromatherapy comes in. The reason behind this is that the aromatic herbal medicines and treatment have minimum side effects as compared to allopathic medicines, because they are composed of natural plants and herbs.
Benefits of aromatherapy herbal treatments
Here are some benefits that are obtained from aromatherapy herbal treatment:
- The herbal essential oils used in aromatherapy provide help in the activation of the limbic system of the body.
- They stimulate the thinking and emotional part of the brain.
- They are useful in activating thermal receptors of the body.
- The herbal essential oils included in aromatherapy help in killing microbes and fungi that cause different skin allergies and diseases.
- The essential oils obtained from some fragrant herbs have a soothing effect on the mind, therefore helping it to release stress, tension, and anxiety.
- Herbal essential oils are used for to produce vapors which are inhaled to help in treating lung diseases.
- The herbs used in essential oils help to strengthen the immune system of the body.
- These herbal oils are absorbed by the skin and help to moisturize it.
- Herbal oils are used for treating skin acne, itching, and blotching problems.
- Herbal oils are also used for the treatment of many diseases, including bronchitis.
- A massage with herbal oils helps to reduce fatigue and migraines.
- The herbal oils are used during massaging for treating diseases such as arthritis and muscular pains.
- Aromatherapy herbal treatments are used to cure cystitis.
- They are also helpful in the treatment of cold and flu.
- These oils have a relaxing effect on the nervous system.
- The herbal essential oils used in aromatherapy baths help in relaxing the entire body.
- They are used to remove toxins from the skin.
- A herbal oil massage is used to improve the blood circulation of the skin.
- Some essential oils extracted from herbs are used in making medicines for treating insomnia.
- Some herbal oils are also used for the treatment of digestive system problems.