Aromatherapy Herbal Cosmetics: How aromatherapy body massages oils & lotions helps?
Aromatherapy oils are generally essential oils extracted from plants, flowers, barks, roots and herbs. Experts believe that oils have certain healing benefits. Aromatherapy oils are used for various health problems like headaches, stress, insomnia, PMS, menopause, labor pains, respiratory problems, as well as for improving the circulation. Aromatherapy massage oils and lotions are great for skin care, and are good for treating scabies, ringworm, cold sores and athlete’s foot. These essential oils are used for hair and scalp treatments, and when mixed with hair oil, can improve the circulation in the scalp and treat dandruff.
Aromatherapy oils are also used for everyday health problems like colds, cuts and burns, blocked nose or sore throat.
Aromatherapy oils and lotions work this way
The essential oils with their rich, healing fragrances activate the cells in the nose, and this sends certain impulses to the limbic system of the brain (the part that deals with memory and emotions).
For the maximum benefit, it is advisable to speak with a qualified aromatherapy therapist, who can prescribe oils depending upon what you need it for. Every oil has certain properties and the therapist can recommend the amount of oil to be used for the treatment.
Generally aromatherapy oils are used by mixed a few drops in body lotions or massage oils, and then rubbing it into the skin with gentle massage movements. Sometimes aromatherapy oils are inhaled in an aromatherapy session. Alternatively, aromatherapy oils are added to warm bath water or used in aromatherapy candles.
Aromatherapy is used to treat several health conditions: anxiety, irritability, fatigue, dermatitis, panic attacks, headaches, vertigo, urinary tract infections, and depression. Aromatherapy essential oils can also cure laryngitis, flatulence, cancer, stress, arthritis, herpes, allergies and chickenpox.
When the diluted essential oils are applied to the skin, it is absorbed into the tissues of the body, into the blood stream and also in the intestinal fluid. This is why aromatherapy can be so energizing. When the essential oils are absorbed into the body, they relax the body and rejuvenate the system.
Here are some of the oils and their healing properties
- Cardamom: Spicy and fresh, the essential oil of cardamom is good for concentration, courage and confidence.
- Cypress: This oil is good for curing nervous tension, stress, arthritis, rheumatism, muscle cramps, varicose veins and sore throat.
- Eucalyptus lemon: It has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, which are used for curing joint and muscle aches.
- Fennel: It is recommended to those suffering from nausea, digestive problems and colic.
- Germanium: It is good for relieving stress and anxiety, and is recommended to women suffering from PMS and menopausal symptoms.