What are the benefits of an aromatherapy bath?
Aromatherapy bath is a therapy that is used to relax the body, mind and soul. It is used by both men and women to relieve stress and tiredness after the day’s work. It includes the use of aromatherapy salts and essential oils which are useful for different skin treatments, and aromatherapy candles whose fumes help in relaxing the respiratory system of the body. Many clinics, spas, and salons offer aromatherapy baths. You can also take an aromatherapy bath in your own bathroom to enjoy its benefits at home.
Enjoying Aromatherapy bath at home
To create an aromatherapy bath in your bathroom, the first and foremost step is to take some time from your busy routine to relax your mind and body. Aromatherapy candles, aromatherapy bath salts, towels, exotic essential oils, water, and a nice body lotion are required to have an aromatherapy bath. Run a bath and add aromatherapy bath salts in it.
Next, add essential oils to the bath and light the aromatherapy candles before turning the lights off and immerse yourself into the bath tub. Essential oils are suitable to moisturize dry and dull skin as they penetrate the skin during bathing. Enjoy you aromatherapy bath as long as you feel comfortable. When you want to end the bathing process, come out of the bath, and dry your body by gently patting it with soft towels and apply body lotion to give a soothing effect to your body skin. You can soak in the bath tub for 30 minutes to an hour. Try to avoid disturbances during your aromatherapy bath as it is meant to relax your body, mind and soul.
Benefits of an Aromatherapy bath
The benefits obtained from an aromatherapy bath are countless. Some of the most common and popular are mentioned here :
- An aromatherapy bath improves the healing power of the body.
- It is used for the cleansing the pores of the skin.
- It helps in reducing the psoriasis, eczema, itching, and other conditions of dry skin.
- The bath also helps in relieving the joint pains of osteoarthritis.
- It is used to minimize the disturbance of sleep.
- It can be used to ease the scaling of the skin.
- It is also used to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Aromatherapy baths are a great way of removing the toxics from the skin.
- It provides relieve to the nervous system.
- It helps in reducing muscles fatigue and pain.